Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Finally a blog entry...

Its been a busy summer. I know you don’t care about all the details so I will hit the highlights (that I remember), and get on to the pictures (that’s what you want to see anyway, isn’t it?)
Our biggest adventure was 19 hour drive to and from UT for a Barnhart family reunion. We rented a house in Midway for a week and celebrated my Grandpa Barnhart’s 80th birthday. It was really so fun. I loved being with family, and it made me so happy to see my kids and my cousin’s kids playing together.
Brian and I had a wonderful 8th anniversary. We took the kids bowling and then out to Dollar General where we all picked out a present for another person and went home to have dessert, open presents, and sing happy anniversary to you. It was a great celebration of our family.
I think I would call the garden an event. We are doing something in it at least every day. But now, its not all work – we are harvesting. (Boy are we ever!) It doesn’t take too many cucumber plants to take over an ENTIRE garden. They keep trying to edge in on our beloved tomatoes, and we fight them back daily. Our butternut squash have done pretty well too. They own the other half of the garden. The tomatoes are now about 12 feet tall and still producing. They like the heat, but 105 degrees is not what they had in mind, so our best harvest was earlier when it was slightly cooler.
I guess we have another ongoing “event” – but it gets its own post -

No comments: