Sunday, October 5, 2008

General Conference Days!


I like to think of General Conference weekend as a Holy Holiday. Its the kind of holiday I wish every holiday were like. I wish that after say, Halloween or Thanksgiving, I were not full of candy or food, but full of the Holy Ghost as I am during General Conference time. I wish after Christmas particularly, I could feel just like this. I want to feel like doing good to all mankind, a desire to keep the commandments more exactly, and a hope for a better world. I want to go forth with stronger faith in Jesus Christ and a stronger determination to follow him. I would give up all the gifts and trees and Santas just to know that on the other side of Christmas vacation I would be a better Christian.


A Holy Holiday leaves me forever changed, and I love it.


The video broadcasts of conference are immediately available for veiwing and the text transcripts are available this Thursday. There were between 30 - 40 talks this conference, and I can only say that they were all inspired of God, because they echoed the wisperings of the spirit that have come to me in recent weeks. They answer the questions I have about how to live in the world and not to be of it, and how to strenghten my family when it seems strong loving families are an endangered species.

I know with even greater surety that there is a Prophet who speaks for God on the earth today. I know that the work that is being done in the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is a good work that will continue to grow until the end of the earth. That it is in accordance with the will of God. I know that in the doctrines of the church are found the answers to the perplexities of this world and the key to obtaining peace and happiness in this life. I know that because of Jesus Christ, joy is not only our destiny for the next life, but also this one. His atonement has made all joy possible. I know God loves each and every one of his children and has sent each to earth to maximize our joy and to reach our fullest potential as we give heed unto his Spirit. I know it because I received these answers through the wisperings of the Spirit of God confirming the absolute truth of these things. I testify that all these things are true in the name of our Saviour, Jesus Christ. Amen.

No comments: