Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Lost and FOUND!!!!




















Aubrey's best friend Bunny, who has been missing since January, has been found!!! We searched the house for weeks, hoping to find bunny. After several months, I tried to help Aubrey come to grips with the idea that bunny is probably lost for good. We had offered prayers, and looked in every spot imaginable. 
Today, as we were driving in town, Aubrey drew a comparison between bunny and a little mirrior of Joe's that we left behind on the airplane. "It probably went to the garbage or charity or something like bunny, huh, mommy." "Yes Aubrey, the people there didn't know it belonged to us, so thats all they could do with it. Its gone." I would look at pictures and feel a deep loss. I really don't know who felt worse about bunny missing, Aubrey or me. What a loss for her future self and her children - no precious bunny, just pictures. 
Now to take a small detour in the story, I will say a little of an experience Aubrey had last week. We were cleaning her room and she had a real stinky attitude about the whole thing. I told her that if she believed in Jesus Christ and God, she could pray and then do her part, and God would help change her heart so that she would be able to clean without resentment. I invited her to do it if she really wanted to change her attitude. To my surprise she did. She went to another room and offered a prayer. She came back ready to try to work. It was not long before she was a cheerful happy Aubrey with a clean room through her own industry. I mentioned that I noticed the change in her attitude and suggested that it was an answer to the prayer of faith, and that it was a miracle in her very own heart. She went to give a prayer of thanks to God for the miracle. As we left for an appointment in the car a few minutes later, I looked at her in the rear veiw mirrior. She had a glowing peaceful smile on her face, and said "I feel happy mommy!". I said "Aubrey, that is the spirit telling you that what you have done is right." She is a special girl.  Anyway, fast forward to this evening. Brian and I went to a meeting at the church and the kids came with us. Usually we stick them in the nursury to amuse themselves. Tonight another little boy was there. He told me that he would be happy to look after the kids because he is in first grade. So they all went in together. After the meeting I went to get all the kids. All were well, and there were toys strewn about as usual. I began to pick up. Hurry, hurry kids! As I was putting a few toys away in a cupboard, my eyes saw something that looked familiar - and then it registered - BUNNY!!! I brought him out and gave him to Aubrey. The whole family knew just how important this was. Bunny was part of the family, and had finally been found! Brian and Aubrey went to say a prayer of thanks as I continued to pick up, eyes watering. I know that this was a gift from a loving Heavenly Father to a choice and sweet child who is faithful to him. I appreciate my blessings so much,  but for some reason, when I see blessings on behalf of my children it means double to me. There is no gift that would mean so much to Aubrey as finding her best friend Bunny, and our loving Father in Heaven knew it, and gave this precious gift to her! I love being a mommy! 

4 comments:

Katie said...

Jill
What a wonderful mother you are to your kids. I cant believe Aubrey is about to be 5 years old! I am so glad that you've found bunny! He has been important forever. I read a magazine article once where they made a dog tag for their childs favorite stuffed animal that said something like "Aubrey loves bunny" and phone number.

Good Luck!
Katie

jeannie said...

Missing since January, that's a long time! I'm glad bunny was found!

TPlayer said...

I've been thinking again...since a physical 10 yr reunion seemed rather impossible for all of us, I had an idea to reunite our freshman floor via the internet. As I've been blog stalking I'm realizing it won't be as hard as I thought. I'm going to gather as much contact info from the 1200 floor girls as I can and see what we can do about updating and "spotlighting" a girl every week or so, just to see where everyone has ended up. What are your thoughts?

Anonymous said...

We didn't know that bunny was missing. I am so glad that he was found. I volunteer to make the dog tag for Aubreys birthday - ask her what color and how many does she need.
LYTB
Mom