Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Engineers fix things

Last week Brian decided to control access to lip gloss for the girls, so he closed the lip gloss lid very tightly. They finally badgered him enough that he gave them the lip gloss to play with. Heidi tried every which way she could to twist the lid off and just couldn't get it. So Aubrey, thinking she could do better says, "Heidi, give it to me, I'm an engineer." 
So, that's why she goes around the house "fixing" things... hmmmm. 
Heidi has decided that Aubrey can't be the only one with special super powers. She claims that she is an engineer too, "because I find things." 
Gee, my kids really have put a new spin on being an engineer - to them they are fix-it superheros (rather than the downward shoe staring, pocket protecting, social inepts)
So Cheers to the Engineers!

2 comments:

Kelsey said...

You're now officially surrounded by engineers! I just read this to Ben, and we got such a good laugh. Those girlies are hilarious. This is one of my all-time favorite posts.

Heart & Soul said...

OH love it !!!! that officially makes our vacation HAHHHA
give the kids a big hug and kiss from grandma and grandpa Critchfield