Tuesday, March 3, 2009

I can read Mommy

Aubrey is really getting to be a pretty good reader. She and Brian have spent many evenings after bedtime in the girls room reading books. Aubrey used to guess at words to get it read faster, but Brian and I insisted that she sound out the words. So now when she gets to a word she doesn't know right away she will sound it out. "Huu-eeee-He rrrr-aaahhh-nnnnn - ran hhuuu-oohhh-mmm-uuuh- home. He ran home."
It looked pretty easy to Heidi, so she began to read too,
"Kuh-muh-grrrr- see uh-uh-ppuh- my muh-gg-gg-kite."
Very close Heidi. Keep on trying, and you'll get it sweetie!

1 comment:

Katie said...

jill
I enjoy your blog so much. I cant believe how much your kids are growing up. Are they supposed to grow so fast?
Keep posting. It is so fun to read your blog! :)