Friday, March 27, 2009

I looked out the window and what did I see?

The most handsome little boy in the world looking back at me.








This is Joe and his dog, his best buddy. Joe has become quite the little man. He loves his cuddles, wanders far away when unsupervised, and flirts with the old ladies.
I taught him to give kisses - but he won't kiss me - he will, however, kiss dog. He wakes up in the morning and the one and only thing he wants to do (after eating of course) is play with tinker toys. He could do that almost all day. He says "na" for food of all kinds and points to what he wants. Graham cracker, fruit bar, milk, water, and banana are all "na" (except banana is "nanana"). He says "da" for dog. "Ma" is mom. Dad is "da" too. He signs "more" when he wants more food and he signs "shoes" when he wants them on. He signs "all done" when he is finished. It seems he knows the difference between yes and no. Because when I tell him no, he throws himself on the ground and has a little fit. I just smile at him, pat his little head and walk away. Every morning we say goodbye to Brian as he goes to work. Joe stands at the window and waves at Daddy as he pulls away in the car. Joe has a funny way of saying outside - I don't even know what word he uses but he just intones "outside". He loves the big wide world, with the flowers, rocks, sticks, space, and DIRT. Every time I turn around Joe is in the dirt (with a little smudged on his lips) playing.
He likes to eat what he likes, but has gotten kind of picky. Won't eat peanut butter, potatoes and other various kid foods (kind of strange for a boy who thinks dirt is yummy!). Loves hamburger, grits, indian food, tomato sauce (not so keen on pasta though), enchilladas, chocolate, roasted brussel sprouts, bananas and he's wild about apple flavor cereal bars.
I am so blessed to have Joe. I love him so much. He is so kissable and loveable, I just wish he weren't on the run all the time. I love my Joe.

6 comments:

Jill Garrison said...

i love the snap shot of him! so adorable!
He is such a handsome lil boy!

Julie Tegeder said...

Wow, he's so grown up! very cute.

Katie said...

He is beautiful!

bea trisha said...

he's so cute....
lucky to have him...

Heart & Soul said...

Oh look at him how he is changing such and handsome boy, he sure looks like a Critchfield but a look ALL in his own.

Carlie said...

what a handsome boy! snakes, snails and puppy dog tails...