Sunday, April 4, 2010

Goin' home...

Time passes so quickly. I always thought I would have enough of it to spend with my family all together ... someday. Then I realized - things don't always work out the way you'd always thought. Suddenly, it became essentially important to be with my family all together. I guess I felt like we had all been following our various seperate paths, and I had to make sure that my family was etched firmly in my memory just the way they are now so I could keep them in my mind for years to come. I wanted my relationships with them based on something really real - like being in the same room together, and being us, together again.

In short, it was wonderful. Everything I had hoped for happened. I got to be with my family all together doing "Barnhart" things. I got to hang out with my sisters talking about the quirky medical oddities we all share. I got to spend time with my Grandparents, revelling in the safety and happiness I feel when I am in their presence. I love my family.

I learned we are all pretty much the same as always... good. Everything else changes, but at least our "us-ness" is the same as always!




Oscar (Janna's husband) quickly became Hannah's best friend. It was so sweet to watch how gentle and loving he was to her. I just love Oscar - I'm happy he is part of the family.

This is mom and Erin in Joyworks in Snohomish. We all loooovvvee Joyworks.

No comments: