Wednesday, August 4, 2010

ANTS!

I stand paralyzed in my new beautiful kitchen staring at nothing. Ants. I hate those things. We just got rid of the ruinous moths. Ants. Ants. What did I come in here for? Ants. Could I vaccum them up real quick before I get on to... whatever it was. Ants. Ugh, they are everywhere! What am I - "MOMMMMM!" Oh yeah, I came in to make lunch. Kids are hungry. Bread. ANTS!!! AHHHHHHH!!!
Every time I go into the kitchen, its the same. I can't focus for the ants. Oh well. I know I ate a bunch with my breakfast. I'm sure I'll eat more. I don't think it will hurt any of us.
This morning, I took the kids to the playground (in 90 degree weather, which is better than the forecasted 103 degrees) to escape my problems in the kitchen.
I took the camera to snap a few photos of the most darling children on earth in freewheeling play. I placed Hannah on the grass and shot picture after picture. Calling for her attention and getting the best shot I could before her face looked down again. Kinda squirmy today. When I picked her up, I discovered a couple dozen little red ants running up and down her chunky legs, giving poor confused Hannah a hard time. I brushed them off and received a few little bites myself. I called it a day, gave up, and went home to fight the kitchen ants in my wonderful air conditioned home.


Oh those ANTS!!!


This is a close up of Hannah getting eaten.














2 comments:

The Cherry Family said...

You're right. Your kids are darling! Good luck with all those pesky ants. And they are the biting ones! It was fun to talk to you today. And I was wondering if you could email me you house address. When I looked up your phone number I realized I only have your Provo address. Thanks!!

Tami said...

The ants here come at random times and smell. Yuck!