Monday, September 27, 2010

Confessions of a sleep deprived, mush brained, fourth time mommy...

Little Hannah hasn't been sleeping well lately, or like, really, hmm... Ever. Anyway, it hasn't gotten better. She still wakes up, and I do not, er, try not to nurse her (if I am awake enough to stop myself). Anyway, its been worse lately. I am tireder and she is more uncomfortable. Brian was sure it was her stomach, or her esophagus (remember the reflux, which by the way has diminished wonderfully). Anyway, I guess I am kind of grumpy because when he makes those suggestions, I think to myself, "Perhaps its her arthritis, or her kidney, or her spleen... we don't have a clue - SHE'S A BABY and she can't TALK!" All I know is that the baby won't nap and I either have to hold her or spend an hour getting her to sleep. That involves dancing a continuous waltz and singing... No wonder I am feeling exhausted. Anyway, Brian got home and I was a mess. I handed him all the kids and prepared to leave to get some ingredients for dinner. Before I could escape, Brian called me to come look. Well, Hannah is getting a tooth - her very first. I guess I just thought she would be toothless forever, because it never occurred to me. And in that moment, I got a mommy reality check - too much focus on me, and not enough of really seeing her. *Sigh*. So -
Happy New Toothy Day Hannah!

1 comment:

The Cherry Family said...

Happy Tooth Day! I hope you were still able to get an escape. Sometimes they really help. Good luck with the sleeping. It is sooooo hard to be a mom when you're sleep deprived. If you're not too tired to read, I loved Healthy Sleep Habits, Happy Child. Although, Devin is still waking up at least once a night, so I don't know if I can talk. :)