Sunday, September 26, 2010

Dollies and Dirtbikes

I'm sure you've noticed the hair clip in Joe's hair on my first day of school post. Joe has been thoroughly indoctrinated on the joys of being a girl. As soon as we got home from dropping the girls off, Joe donned the coveted tutu and proclaimed himself top dog. The flower flip flops and lip gloss and other typically female interests are worrying Brian.
I have decided to take matters into my own hands. I am introducing Joe to "boy" things. Now, in my experience, dirtbikes are definitely manly - my dad had one and it made a very manly noise and he could do cool manly tricks with it. So that had to be first. I showed Joe dirtbikes on youtube and he was hooked. Everything was a dirtbike and he had to have more. Its ok, I actually enjoy dirtbikes too. We ride our dirtbikes in the driveway together. Joe let me borrow his.

In other news, the garden produced some JUMBO sized watermelons. In fact, not just huge, but also yellow and hugely tasty. It kind of almost makes up for our pittiful tomato harvest.
I love Joe and Hannah's growing relationship.



Hannah had her first encounter with spicy recently. We had beautiful, spicy peppers from our garden this year. Hannah eats everything she can reach. The pepper had fallen on the floor. She gnawed (no teeth yet) until it broke open and unleashed its vengeance upon poor Hannah. Actually, she handled it very well...

Another kid, another GREEN SMOOTHIE lover!



No comments: