Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Is that smoke coming from our garage?

Brian stayed home to do some woodworking commissioned by Conoco this morning. He worked in the garage while I took care of things in the house. While I was busy loading the dishwasher, I could hear him open the garage door. I was thinking he had probably had had enough of the wood dust and was ventilating - but no. Next I see light clouds floating from the garage. What is that? Smoke? "Brian is that smoke coming from our garage?" "Why yes, yes it is." He says as he is on his way out his car. "And you might want to make sure the fire is out while I am gone - no, I'm not kidding. You never know if one of those sparks is still smoldering."
Hmmm. OK. My garage could be on fire. Nice. See ya later!

2 comments:

Grandpa Critchfield said...

Oh Jill you can't leave us hanging like that! Once upon a time I smoked up the back porch with an unexpected chemical fire (2nd/3rd degree burns on my hand) and then their was the time my beaker of rocket fuel went up in the garage (no physical harm except for panic from my Grandmother).
I don't know where Brian gets it, what did he do this time!

Jill said...

Turned out fine. I guess the wood Brian was cutting just got too hot and did a bit of burning... Not too bad.