Tuesday, November 16, 2010

We're quirky in our own sort of way

Sometimes I embarrass myself by talking to people and using big words. I love words. I love the subtle shade of difference between words that are similar. I need those words to express the subtle shades of difference in my feelings. Growing up, mom wasn't shy with her big words - she loved them too. Its not hard to pick up the vocabulary when you just don't know any different. I have to laugh inside myself when Heidi looks at something and deems it, "sufficient". Here we go with another generation - And with a tendency towards introversion, I like to call us:

All big words, no talk.

1 comment:

erinkate82 said...

So that's my problem....
New language, here I am speaking a new language and all I have are little words.... No wonder I get frustrated that I can't express myself...